Wozniacki loses to Kuznetsova at Australian Open
Svetlana Kuznetsova defeated Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
Melbourne: Two-time major winner Svetlana Kuznetsova has defeated former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
Kuznetsova, winner of the 2004 U.S. Open and 2009 French Open, broke her Danish opponent in the 11th game of the third set and finished the match with a backhand winner down the line.
Kuznetsova saw her streak of 40 straight Grand Slam appearances broken last year when a right knee injury forced her out of the U.S. Open.
Wozniacki lost her No. 1 ranking to Victoria Azarenka last year after falling in the quarterfinals at Melbourne Park to Kim Clijsters.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology