Wozniacki loses to Kuznetsova at Australian Open
Svetlana Kuznetsova defeated Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
Melbourne: Two-time major winner Svetlana Kuznetsova has defeated former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
Kuznetsova, winner of the 2004 U.S. Open and 2009 French Open, broke her Danish opponent in the 11th game of the third set and finished the match with a backhand winner down the line.
Kuznetsova saw her streak of 40 straight Grand Slam appearances broken last year when a right knee injury forced her out of the U.S. Open.
Wozniacki lost her No. 1 ranking to Victoria Azarenka last year after falling in the quarterfinals at Melbourne Park to Kim Clijsters.
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'