Xiaomi Redmi 1S launched in India at Rs 5,999; to go on sale from September 2
The Redmi 1S is a dual-SIM (WCDMA for 3G + GSM for 2G) phone with an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 1.6 megapixel front camera.
New Delhi: Xiaomi has announced the launch of its second smartphone for the Indian market. Named the Redmi 1S, the phone will come at a price of Rs 5,999 and will go on sale starting September 2. The Redmi 1S, which was priced at Rs 6,999 at the time of unveiling in July, now comes at Rs 1,000 less and carries a price tag of Rs 5,999.
The Redmi 1S will be exclusively available via Flipkart and will also follow the flash sales strategy like the Mi 3. Registrations for the phone will begin today (August 26). Interested customers can register for the phone on Flipkart after 6pm on Tuesday.
The Redmi 1S is a dual-SIM (WCDMA for 3G + GSM for 2G) phone with an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 1.6 megapixel front camera. The phone is powered by a quad-core 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8228 processor and the GPU is an Adreno 305.
The phone has 1GB RAM and an has an internal memory of 8GB with option to expand via microSD card up to 64GB. It is packed with a 2000mAh battery. The phone's 4.7-inch display has a 1280x720 resolution.
The phone will take on the likes of the Moto E, Zenfone 4 and other smartphone from homegrown manufacturers.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel