Yahoo Japan suspects 22 million user IDs leaked: Report
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, said the report.
Bangalore: Yahoo Japan Corp said on Friday night it suspected that up to 22 million of its user IDs may have been "leaked" and it detected an unauthorised attempt to access the administrative system of its web portal Yahoo Japan, the Kyodo news agency reported.
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, the agency said.
The company detected the access attempt at around 9 pm on Thursday, Kyodo reported.
Yahoo Japan checked its system after severing access and found traces of an attempt to steal user IDs, according to Kyodo. Yahoo Inc has a 35 per cent stake in Yahoo Japan.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani