Yahoo Japan suspects 22 million user IDs leaked: Report
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, said the report.
Bangalore: Yahoo Japan Corp said on Friday night it suspected that up to 22 million of its user IDs may have been "leaked" and it detected an unauthorised attempt to access the administrative system of its web portal Yahoo Japan, the Kyodo news agency reported.
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, the agency said.
The company detected the access attempt at around 9 pm on Thursday, Kyodo reported.
Yahoo Japan checked its system after severing access and found traces of an attempt to steal user IDs, according to Kyodo. Yahoo Inc has a 35 per cent stake in Yahoo Japan.
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM