DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Yahoo Japan suspects 22 million user IDs leaked: Report
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, said the report.
Bangalore: Yahoo Japan Corp said on Friday night it suspected that up to 22 million of its user IDs may have been "leaked" and it detected an unauthorised attempt to access the administrative system of its web portal Yahoo Japan, the Kyodo news agency reported.
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, the agency said.
The company detected the access attempt at around 9 pm on Thursday, Kyodo reported.
Yahoo Japan checked its system after severing access and found traces of an attempt to steal user IDs, according to Kyodo. Yahoo Inc has a 35 per cent stake in Yahoo Japan.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan