Yahoo Japan suspects 22 million user IDs leaked: Report
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, said the report.
Bangalore: Yahoo Japan Corp said on Friday night it suspected that up to 22 million of its user IDs may have been "leaked" and it detected an unauthorised attempt to access the administrative system of its web portal Yahoo Japan, the Kyodo news agency reported.
The leaked information does not include passwords and data necessary for identity verification to reset passwords, the agency said.
The company detected the access attempt at around 9 pm on Thursday, Kyodo reported.
Yahoo Japan checked its system after severing access and found traces of an attempt to steal user IDs, according to Kyodo. Yahoo Inc has a 35 per cent stake in Yahoo Japan.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner