DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Yahoo taps into Google's ad network, expertise
Yahoo's website will begin drawing upon Google's massive online advertising network.
San Francisco: Yahoo is counting on rival Google to help accelerate its revenue growth.
As part of an arrangement announced on Wednesday, Yahoo's website will begin drawing upon Google's massive online advertising network to show marketing messages related to the content that's being perused.
Google already distributes similar ads to thousands of websites, a service that has helped establish it as the Internet's most prosperous company.
Yahoo has been struggling to attract more advertisers in recent years, even though more marketing budgets have been shifting to the Internet.
Google retains part of the revenue generated from the ads shown on its partners' sites. The revenue split with Yahoo wasn't disclosed.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer worked as one of Google's top executive before being lured away nearly seven months ago.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes