Yahoo taps into Google's ad network, expertise
Yahoo's website will begin drawing upon Google's massive online advertising network.
San Francisco: Yahoo is counting on rival Google to help accelerate its revenue growth.
As part of an arrangement announced on Wednesday, Yahoo's website will begin drawing upon Google's massive online advertising network to show marketing messages related to the content that's being perused.
Google already distributes similar ads to thousands of websites, a service that has helped establish it as the Internet's most prosperous company.
Yahoo has been struggling to attract more advertisers in recent years, even though more marketing budgets have been shifting to the Internet.
Google retains part of the revenue generated from the ads shown on its partners' sites. The revenue split with Yahoo wasn't disclosed.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer worked as one of Google's top executive before being lured away nearly seven months ago.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game