Yahoo unveils website revamp
The new look Yahoo will roll out to US users over the next few days.
New Delhi: Yahoo, one of the Internet's pioneering websites, is giving its website a facelift. According to Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, "to make Yahoo even more social, you can log in with your Yahoo or Facebook ID to get articles from thousands of news sources as well as those shared by your friends."
Yahoo is also introducing a newsfeed with infinite scroll, quite like what exists on Facebook and Twitter. Yahoo says the new Yahoo is faster and is optimised for smartphones and tablets.
The new look Yahoo will roll out to US users over the next few days. Yahoo hasn't yet said anything on its global rollout plans.
In December 2012 Yahoo spiffed up and expanded its email service in an attempt to regain some of the ground lost to Gmail.
This overhaul is part of Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's crusade to give people more reasons to visit the company's online services and stick around longer. In doing so, Mayer hopes to sell more advertising and accelerate Yahoo's revenue growth after years of financial malaise.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century