Yahoo unveils website revamp
The new look Yahoo will roll out to US users over the next few days.
New Delhi: Yahoo, one of the Internet's pioneering websites, is giving its website a facelift. According to Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, "to make Yahoo even more social, you can log in with your Yahoo or Facebook ID to get articles from thousands of news sources as well as those shared by your friends."
Yahoo is also introducing a newsfeed with infinite scroll, quite like what exists on Facebook and Twitter. Yahoo says the new Yahoo is faster and is optimised for smartphones and tablets.
The new look Yahoo will roll out to US users over the next few days. Yahoo hasn't yet said anything on its global rollout plans.
In December 2012 Yahoo spiffed up and expanded its email service in an attempt to regain some of the ground lost to Gmail.
This overhaul is part of Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's crusade to give people more reasons to visit the company's online services and stick around longer. In doing so, Mayer hopes to sell more advertising and accelerate Yahoo's revenue growth after years of financial malaise.
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch