Yamuna Bachao Yatra activists to reach Delhi on Monday
The activists plan to hold protests at Jantar Mantar, demanding that the central government take action in cleaning up the Yamuna.
New Delhi: Thousands of activists on a Yamuna Bachao Yatra will be marching into New Delhi on Monday. They plan to hold protests at Jantar Mantar, demanding that the central government take action in cleaning up the Yamuna.
The issue has taken political overtones with the BJP jumping into the campaign.
On Sunday, traffic was affected for hours on Mathura Road as they marched towards the capital. Police have warned of further traffic problems today.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly