Bhatkal's aide discloses details of hideouts in Mangalore
An IED circuit, clothes of Waqas and Tehsin, traces of explosives and a trolley bag have been recovered from the hideouts.
New Delhi: Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal's aide Asadullah Akhtar alias Haddi has spilled the beans on his associates during a sustained interrogation by the National Investigating Agency (NIA).
According to sources, Haddi has led interrogators to their hideouts in Mangalore and Hyderabad. A Western union Money transfer outlet in Mangalore has been identified by Haddi as the sources of funds from Pakistan. This is where he collected remittances from Pakistan before the Hyderabad blasts.
He has also led interrogators to hideouts in Mangalore where he, Yasin, Waqas and Tehseen Akhtar had stayed before the Hyderabad blasts.
IED circuit, clothes of Waqas and Tehsin, traces of explosives, damaged trolley bag in which explosives were ferried have all been recovered by the NIA.
From Bhatkal's laptop the NIA has recovered 300 emails. The emails are believed to be in code language. NIA suspects these emails sent from laptop or private cyber cafes were to Bhatkal's Pakistani handlers to discuss details of blasts in Hyderabad, Pune and Mumbai.
Bhatkal, the head of IM's operations in India, is the key suspect in the Pune German Bakery and Hyderabad Dilsukhnagar blasts.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier