Yelp to add restaurants' health-inspection grades
Reviews site Yelp is adding restaurants' health-inspection grades to its site, giving users yet another filter through which they can decide where to eat.
New York: Reviews site Yelp is adding restaurants' health-inspection grades to its site, giving users yet another filter through which they can decide where to eat.
Yelp Inc. said Thursday that city-provided health-score information will be available in San Francisco first. Restaurant grades in New York City will be added in the coming weeks.
San Francisco-based Yelp says its engineers have been working with the cities in designing technology that lets municipalities publish inspection information on its website.
For San Francisco businesses, the new program displays restaurant health scores - for example, 92 out of 100. Clicking on the number takes users to a page with more detailed information about the restaurant's recent inspections. In New York, restaurants are given letter grades of A, B or C by health inspectors.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards