DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Youth charged with rape commits suicide
Shibu Silawat allegedly raped a 30-year-old woman, who stays in his neighbourhood in Dilari village under Bhamori police station.
Raisen: A youth accused of raping a married woman near here has committed suicide apparently because he feared arrest in the case, police said on Saturday. Shibu Silawat allegedly raped a 30-year-old woman, who stays in his neighbourhood in Dilari village under Bhamori police station, on Thursday.
The victim and her husband filed a complaint against the 22-year-old, who was booked by the police under IPC Sections 376 (rape) and 452 (house trespass).
When Silawat came to know about the complaint, he consumed poison at his farm on Friday as he feared that he would be arrested, police said. He was rushed to a nearby community health centre in a critical condition and from there he was being taken to Bhopal for further treatment but died on the way, they added.
Recommended For You
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes