YouTube to live stream the total lunar eclipse
Google will bring the total lunar eclipse live to your browser via YouTube.
New Delhi: The night of June 15-16 will witness the longest and darkest lunar eclipse of the century and Google will bring it live to your browser via YouTube.
Google's official YouTube channel will live webcast the celestial event from 11:30 PM (IST) June 15 to 3:30 AM (IST) June 16.
The total lunar eclipse will begin at 00:52:30 IST and end at 02:32:42 IST. While the partial eclipse will begin at 23:52:56 IST and end at 03:32:15 IST. The eclipse will be visible completely in Africa and Central Asia. It will be visible rising over South America, Western Africa and Europe, and seen setting over Eastern Asia, and Australia.
The magnitude of the one of the relatively rare total lunar eclipse will be 1.70 magnitude. The next lunar eclipse to be viewed in India will be in December this year. Also, a star named 51 Ophiuchi will be occulted during the eclipse. Sky enthusiasts can witness the whole sequence of the occultation in the zodiacal constellation of Ophiuchus.
Google's live stream of the total lunar eclipse can be watched at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgUieQsR4YI or in the video below.
<b>Watch live: Total lunar eclipse</b><br><br><iframe width="550" height="442" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UgUieQsR4YI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Elections 2016: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Lock Horns in First Presidential Debate Live
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan