You've been a wonderful partner: Obama to Manmohan Singh
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday called up US President Barack Obama to congratulate him on his re-election.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday called up US President Barack Obama to congratulate him on his re-election and said this had given the opportunity to the two countries to carry forward and build on the "enormous successes" achieved in bilateral ties in the last few years. While thanking Singh, Obama described him as "a wonderful partner" whose leadership at the world stage he appreciated and said he looked forward to working together.
Singh and Obama had a telephonic conversation on Thursday evening, the Prime Minister's Office said in a statement. "The Prime Minister reiterated his congratulations to President Obama on his re-election and wished him success for his second term in office," it said.
Singh had sent a congratulatory message to Obama on Wednesday, soon after his re-election. During the telephonic conversation, the Prime Minister said Obama's re-election has "given the opportunity to the two countries to carry forward and build on the enormous successes that had been achieved in the bilateral partnership in the last few years."
The Prime Minister expressed his appreciation for the personal interest and commitment Obama had brought to Indo-US relationship and said he looked forward to continuing their close cooperation to pursue their shared vision for the strategic partnership between the two countries. Obama thanked Singh for his wishes and said "you have been a wonderful partner".
He noted that India and the US had an excellent relationship which had deepened over the last few years. Expressing appreciation for Singh's leadership on the world stage, the US President said he looked forward to working together with him. "Both leaders expressed their intention of seeing each other soon," the PMO said.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul