Yuki Bhambri stuns Tursunov at Seoul Challenger
Yuki recorded a 6-4 7-6 (5) hard-fought win over formidable Russian opponent, who was once a top-20 player in the w
Seoul: Yuki Bhambri shocked third seed Dmitry Tursunov to progress to the second round of the ATP Challenger event but his doubles partner Divij Sharan went down fighting against sixth seed Yuichi Sugita on Monday.
Yuki recorded a 6-4 7-6 (5) hard-fought win over formidable Russian opponent, who was once a top-20 player in the world, in the first round of the USD 100,000 hard court event.
Tursunov is currently ranked 119 in the world while Yuki is 181.
It was second meeting between the two players and the head-to-head the score is now tied 1-1. Their first match was in 2010 in Thailand when Tursunov had beaten the Indian in straight sets.
Yuki next plays Korean wild card Nam Ji Sung.
The left-handed Divij pushed his Japanese opponent hard before losing 2-6 7-5 4-6 in his opening round.
Yuki and Divij have been seeded third in the doubles event and they open their campaign against unseeded pair of Sugita and Taipei's Jimmy Wang.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday