Yuki Bhambri stuns Tursunov at Seoul Challenger
Yuki recorded a 6-4 7-6 (5) hard-fought win over formidable Russian opponent, who was once a top-20 player in the w
Seoul: Yuki Bhambri shocked third seed Dmitry Tursunov to progress to the second round of the ATP Challenger event but his doubles partner Divij Sharan went down fighting against sixth seed Yuichi Sugita on Monday.
Yuki recorded a 6-4 7-6 (5) hard-fought win over formidable Russian opponent, who was once a top-20 player in the world, in the first round of the USD 100,000 hard court event.
Tursunov is currently ranked 119 in the world while Yuki is 181.
It was second meeting between the two players and the head-to-head the score is now tied 1-1. Their first match was in 2010 in Thailand when Tursunov had beaten the Indian in straight sets.
Yuki next plays Korean wild card Nam Ji Sung.
The left-handed Divij pushed his Japanese opponent hard before losing 2-6 7-5 4-6 in his opening round.
Yuki and Divij have been seeded third in the doubles event and they open their campaign against unseeded pair of Sugita and Taipei's Jimmy Wang.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test