Yuvraj celebrates 'best b'day', gifts India victory
Win against Sri Lanka in hometown Mohali gives him double delight.
Mohali: Birthday boy Yuvraj Singh gave an all-round display and helped India to score a record six-wicket win over Sri Lanka in the second and final Twenty20 international on Saturday.
"This is my best birthday till now. I am very happy the way we played, especially the batsmen," said Yuvraj, who scored 60 of 25 balls and took three crucial wickets, at the post-match conference in Mohali.
Yuvraj said Sri Lankan had set an imposing target of 207, but Indian openers Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir gave their team a good start.
Yuvraj, who has not had many knocks in hometown Mohali, said he was surprised by his own performance. "I am happy to turn it around today. But frankly I was not expecting to score 60 of 25 balls".
Yuvraj thanked team coach Gary Kirsten, saying the South African is like a "father figure" to the team.
"He is the best coach that I have ever played under. He understands the game and the pressure," he said, adding that he had also made some gestures towards the coach when he was playing well.
Yuvraj admitted that the team will need to improve their fielding. "We are not happy the way we fielded in the last two games. We missed some catches today, otherwise we could have restricted them (the Lankans) to 150-160 runs."
Yuvraj apologised for arriving late to the press conference, saying he birthday celebrations in the dressing room held him up.
"There was lot of cake on my face. M S (Dhoni) held my hands and the rest of the players kept applying it all over my face and I could not see who all were the culprits. But I will take revenge once I come to know their names," said Yuvraj.
Yuvraj wished teammate S Sreesanth, who has tested positive for swine flu, speedy recovery. "It was sad that he tested positive. We wish him speedy recovery. We have also been asked to be careful and take precautions."
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts