'Zanjeer' is titled 'Toofan' in Telugu
Actors Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka Chopra are playing the lead in the film. The film is directed by Apoorva Lakhia.
Chennai: The remake of 1973's cult-classic 'Zanjeer', which is being simultaneously remade in Hindi and Telugu, has been titled 'Toofan' in Telugu.
While the Hindi remake is being called 'Zanjeer', the Telugu version will be called 'Toofan'.
Director Apoorva Lakhia made the announcement on Twitter.
"'Zanjeer' in Telugu will officially be called 'Toofan'," posted Lakhia.
He confirmed the news after several websites claimed the Telugu version was called 'Jwala'.
Actors Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka Chopra are playing the lead in the film, which also features Sanjay Dutt, Srihari, Prakash Raj, Mahie Gill and Atul Kulkarni.
The film is nearing completion with just a few days of shooting left now.
Lakhia has jointly produced the film with Amit Mehra. It has music by Devi Sri Prasad.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure