Zardari meets Gilani, Kayani before India visit
Zardari is visiting India on Sunday for a day-long visit that has primarily been billed as a personal one.
Lahore: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Saturday night for preparatory discussions regarding his visit to India, including the case of JuD chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.
Officials sources said the $10 million US bounty for Saeed necessitated the meeting of the top civil and military leadership at the Governor's House in Lahore on Saturday night.
Zardari is visiting India on Sunday for a day-long visit that has primarily been billed as a personal one for paying obeisance at the Sufi shrine at Ajmer, but will also see him having a lunch meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, Interior Minister Rehman Malik and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jillani were present at the meeting. Sources at Governor's House told that the President took the army chief and Prime Minister into confidence over his visit to India. Presidential spokesman Faratullah Babar said the security situation was discussed during the meeting.
Babar said the President held a separate meeting with the Prime Minister and army chief and discussed the search and rescue operation to save the lives of at least 100 soldiers trapped in the snow after an avalanche hit Siachen this morning.
Expressing grave concern over the incident, the President emphasised that all resources should be employ in the search and rescue operation.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court