Zardari's donation to Ajmer Dargah soon: Pakistan
Pakistan on Monday said arrangements are in place to make the donation.
New Delhi: Pakistan on Monday said arrangements are in place to make the donation as announced by its President Asif Ali Zardari to the Dargah of revered Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer in April.
Reacting to media reports on the issue, Pakistan High Commission issued a brief statement terming them as "speculative" and said the "arrangements are in hand" to make the donation as announced.
"The High Commission thanks the Government of India, the State Authorities, and the Dargah Committees for their cooperation in this regard," it said.
Zardari, during his day-long visit on April 8, had offered prayers at the historic 13th century dargah of sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti after which a one million USD donation for the shrine was also announced by him.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India