Zee alleges 'one-sided' probe in Jindal extortion case
The news channel has also demanded that all call records of all the phones used by Jindal and his relatives to contact Zee News Non-Executive Chairman should be seized.
New Delhi: Alleging "one-sided" probe into the case relating to Rs 100 crore extortion bid by its Editors, Zee News on Monday demanded that Naveen Jindal and his close relatives be questioned in connection with the case. Zee News Editors Sudhir Chaudhury and Samir Alhuwalia were arrested last month following a complaint by Congress MP Jindal's company that they demanded Rs 100 crore as an advertisement deal for not airing negative news against the firm in connection with coalgate.
The Group also "denies any question" of Zee News Non-Executive Chairman Subhash Chandra, who was questioned for the past two days by police, instructing employees on any matter related to Jindal. In a statement on Monday, Zee News said its counsel Vijay Aggarwal moved an application invoking Section 156 of the CrPc alleging that Delhi Police conducted a "one-sided investigation".
"Zee News Ltd demands interrogation of Naveen Jindal, his brother Prithvi Jindal and uncle Sitaram Jindal. Zee News counsel also moves court asking it to monitor the investigation as Delhi Police is focusing solely on the false complaint by Naveen Jindal," it said.
The news channel has also demanded that all call records of all the phones used by Jindal and his relatives to contact Zee News Non-Executive Chairman should be seized. The statement said the counsel also urged the court to instruct the Investigating Officer to compare contradictions in Jindal's FIR of October 2, 2012 and his petition filed in Mumbai High Court. on Sunday, Chandra said that he will file a defamation case against Jindals.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers