Court to hear Zee editor's defamation case today
Sudhir Chaudhary had moved the court accusing the Delhi Police of carrying out a one-sided probe into the complaint lodged against him and three others.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday will hear Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary's criminal defamation complaint against Congress MP Naveen Jindal and 16 officials of Jindal Steel and Power Ltd.
Chaudhury and Zee Business Editor Samir Ahluwalia were arrested on November 27 on a complaint by Jindal's firm that they had demanded Rs 100 crore as an advertising deal for not airing negative news against the firm in connection with the coal block allocation scandal. They were recently released on bail.
Chaudhary had moved the court accusing the Delhi Police of carrying out a one-sided probe into the complaint lodged against him and three others. In his application, he had sought the seizure of the call records of all phones used by Jindal and his relatives to try to get in touch with Zee group chairman Subhash Chandra.
He had also demanded interrogation of Naveen Jindal, his brother Prithvi Jindal and uncle Sitaram Jindal.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India