DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Zee editor files defamation complaint against Jindal
The court has fixed January 3, 2013 as the date for the consideration of the complaint.
New Delhi: Zee Group editor Sudhir Chaudhary has filed a criminal defamation case against Congress MP Naveenn Jindal and 16 other employees of his company. The court has fixed January 3, 2013 as the date for the consideration of the complaint.
Chaudhury and Zee Business Editor Samir Ahluwalia were arrested on November 27 on a complaint by Jindal's firm that they had demanded Rs 100 crore as an advertising deal for not airing negative news against the firm in connection with the coal block allocation scandal. They were recently released on bail.
Chaudhary had moved the court accusing the Delhi Police of carrying out a one-sided probe into the complaint lodged against him and three others. In his application, he had sought the seizure of the call records of all phones used by Jindal and his relatives to try to get in touch with Zee group chairman Subhash Chandra.
He had also demanded interrogation of Naveen Jindal, his brother Prithvi Jindal and uncle Sitaram Jindal.
Recommended For You
- India vs Pakistan: Top 3 Champions Trophy Encounters
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong