'Zero Dark Thirty' soon to be released in India
'Zero Dark Thirty' is a chronicle of the long hunt for Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden after the 9/11 attacks.
Mumbai: Academy Award winner Kathryn Bigelow's 'Zero Dark Thirty', chronicling the manhunt for Osama Bin Laden, is all set to hit Indian theatres on January 11 next year. The film is being brought to Indian screens by PVR
Pictures, the distribution arm of PVR Group.
Bigelow, who became the first woman in the Academy's history to bag a trophy for the best director for her film 'The Hurt Locker', is creating a lot of Oscar buzz with her latest movie. She has once again teamed up with Mark Baol on the script.
'Zero Dark Thirty' is a chronicle of the decade long hunt for Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden after the 9/11 attacks, and his death at the hands of the Navy SEAL Team 6 in 2011 in Pakistan's Abbottabad town.
The film will release in English in theatres countrywide on January 11. 'Zero Dark Thirty' (the title is military jargon for the dark of night, as well as the moment 12:30 AM when the Navy Seals first stepped on the compound) marks Bigelow's most ambitious production to date after the Oscar-winning Iraq based drama 'The Hurt Locker'.
The film has an ensemble cast that is led by Jessica Chastain and stars Jason Clarke, Joel Edgerton, Jennifer Ehle, Mark Strong, Kyle Chandler, and Edgar Ramirez.
Bigelow shot some key scenes of the movie in Punjab here.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology