Zimbabwe man fistfights crocodile to save child
Tafadzwa Kachere jumped onto the crocodile's back and tried to force open its jaws, beating at its head with his fists and poking at its eyes with reeds to free his child.
Harare: A villager fought a crocodile with his bare hands to free his son from its jaws in northeastern rural Mutoko, state media in Zimbabwe said on Friday.
The Herald newspaper reported Tafadzwa Kachere and his 11-year-old son Tapiwa were trying to cross a river on Christmas eve when the crocodile attacked the boy. It reported that Kachere jumped onto the crocodile's back and tried to force open its jaws, beating at its head with his fists and poking at its eyes with reeds.
The crocodile released the child and turned on Kachere who wrestled free of its grasp.
The newspaper says the child lost a leg and his father's arm was severely gored. Both survived. Crocodile attacks are common in rural Zimbabwe during the rainy season but many go unreported.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC