DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Zolnir wins women's Olympic judo medal
Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
London: Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
Zolnir defeated Xu Lili of China in a combative final where both fighters were almost constantly on the offensive. She managed to throw Xu once in the match's first minute, which was ultimately enough to win.
Zolnir, 31, was one of the oldest competitors in the division. She won a bronze at the Athens Games and came seventh at Beijing. Zolnir focused mainly on grappling techniques Tuesday, pinning down her opponents throughout the day.
The bronze medals were won by Yoshie Ueno of Japan and Gevrise Emane of France.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere