Zolnir wins women's Olympic judo medal
Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
London: Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
Zolnir defeated Xu Lili of China in a combative final where both fighters were almost constantly on the offensive. She managed to throw Xu once in the match's first minute, which was ultimately enough to win.
Zolnir, 31, was one of the oldest competitors in the division. She won a bronze at the Athens Games and came seventh at Beijing. Zolnir focused mainly on grappling techniques Tuesday, pinning down her opponents throughout the day.
The bronze medals were won by Yoshie Ueno of Japan and Gevrise Emane of France.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor