Zolnir wins women's Olympic judo medal
Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
London: Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
Zolnir defeated Xu Lili of China in a combative final where both fighters were almost constantly on the offensive. She managed to throw Xu once in the match's first minute, which was ultimately enough to win.
Zolnir, 31, was one of the oldest competitors in the division. She won a bronze at the Athens Games and came seventh at Beijing. Zolnir focused mainly on grappling techniques Tuesday, pinning down her opponents throughout the day.
The bronze medals were won by Yoshie Ueno of Japan and Gevrise Emane of France.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance