Zolnir wins women's Olympic judo medal
Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
London: Urska Zolnir of Slovenia won the women's 63K Olympic judo gold medal on Tuesday.
Zolnir defeated Xu Lili of China in a combative final where both fighters were almost constantly on the offensive. She managed to throw Xu once in the match's first minute, which was ultimately enough to win.
Zolnir, 31, was one of the oldest competitors in the division. She won a bronze at the Athens Games and came seventh at Beijing. Zolnir focused mainly on grappling techniques Tuesday, pinning down her opponents throughout the day.
The bronze medals were won by Yoshie Ueno of Japan and Gevrise Emane of France.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology