Zopo Mobile to launch phablet with 32 MP camera in May
The company confirmed that the 32-megapixel phone is indeed in the works and will launch in May as announced.
New Delhi: HTC might feel megapixels are overrated, but that's not to say manufacturers aren't in a race to increase the megapixel count on their camera specs sheet. Zopo Mobile, a Chinese manufacturer, is planning to announce a phablet with a whopping 32-megapixel rear camera.
We contacted the company's India office and they confirmed that the 32-megapixel phone is indeed in the works and will launch in May as announced. No further details were furnished, and unfortunately, there's no image to go by either. We didn't get the device's model number or name from the company either.
It will run Android 4.1 at launch and the huge 5.7-inch display is expected to have either a full HD resolution or at the very least a 1280 x 720-pixel native resolution. The company announced this phone on its Facebook page last month.
From the Facebook post, we understand that the device has a 1.6GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU under the hood. Up front there's an equally unbelievable 5-megapixel camera unit. Mysteriously, the device also has support for "3D Stereo Gaming", which we take to mean as having a powerful GPU.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO