Zopo Mobile to launch phablet with 32 MP camera in May
The company confirmed that the 32-megapixel phone is indeed in the works and will launch in May as announced.
New Delhi: HTC might feel megapixels are overrated, but that's not to say manufacturers aren't in a race to increase the megapixel count on their camera specs sheet. Zopo Mobile, a Chinese manufacturer, is planning to announce a phablet with a whopping 32-megapixel rear camera.
We contacted the company's India office and they confirmed that the 32-megapixel phone is indeed in the works and will launch in May as announced. No further details were furnished, and unfortunately, there's no image to go by either. We didn't get the device's model number or name from the company either.
It will run Android 4.1 at launch and the huge 5.7-inch display is expected to have either a full HD resolution or at the very least a 1280 x 720-pixel native resolution. The company announced this phone on its Facebook page last month.
From the Facebook post, we understand that the device has a 1.6GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU under the hood. Up front there's an equally unbelievable 5-megapixel camera unit. Mysteriously, the device also has support for "3D Stereo Gaming", which we take to mean as having a powerful GPU.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President