8 Things To Keep In Mind While Travelling With Dogs
Take note, people.
Image Courtesy: Reuters Pictures
New Delhi: Do not feed your dog right before he sits in the car and do not drive too fast when you are travelling with your pets, says an expert.
Swati Tondon, expert of whatspup.in, a website providing pet supplies, services and accessories, shared tips to keep in mind while travelling with your four-legged friends.
* Motion sickness: Like humans, dogs too feel sick in the stomach in a moving car. Half an hour before taking him in the car, you should give him a medicine for motion sickness. Consult the vet about what medicine to give. The vet will prescribe the medicine depending on the size and the weight of your dog.
* Vet alert: Our dogs mostly stay at home and don't travel a lot. The only time they get into the car is to go to the vet and start associating cars with vet visits. Make them believe that they are not going to the vet and occasionally take them out for drives or to parks.
* Food: Do not feed the dog right before it sits in the car. Feed him at least an hour before travelling. Always remember to keep the portion small. The same rule applies for water. Do not give him too much water right before the drive.
* Walks: Before you make him sit in the car, take him for a good walk so that he gets tired and fall asleep in the car.
* Travel bags: Make a travel bag for the pet. The bag should contain a first aid kit, water, treats, bowl, wet and dry tissues, potty scooper, lint roller and a seat protector for the car.
* Drive: Do not drive too fast and be careful with the bumps and speed breakers.
* Windows up: Even if your pet enjoys with the windows down, do not let him hang out as it is dangerous. The pet might get excited and can try to jump out.
* Pet breaks: If you are travelling for a long distance take a break in every half an hour, take your dog out of the car and make him walk a little.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli in Touching Distance of Yet Another Milestone
- Android 8.0 Oreo is Here While Only 1.2 Percent Users Are on Latest Android 7.1 OS
- 2017 Hyundai Verna Launched, Here's All You Need to Know
- Pregnant Esha Deol to Wed Husband Bharat Takhtani at Her Baby Shower
- Amrapali Group Fiasco: Harbhajan Responds to Angry Home Buyers