AIFF SS17: Gaurav Jai Gupta Shares Styling Tips For Men In Their 40s
Designer Gaurav Jai Gupta, whose label Akaaro is known to set trends and benchmarks in the fashion world, doesn’t believe in the concept of trends himself. When asked about the drifts and trends to emerge by the end of the ongoing Amazon India Fashion Week, he quipped, “No trends, I don’t believe in trends”.
While talking to News18.com about the shift of runway attires to suit the common people and not just buyers, the designer said he has always tried to cater to masses by working with simple and wearable outfits. “I’ve always done wearable. I don’t really know about others, but I’ve always tried to do something which is very effortless, very simple and wearable by the common people. At the end of the day, it’s only them who’ll wear it”.
The couturier also shared some styling tips for men in their 40s and expressed his belief that experimentation always helps. "A lot of mix and match as experimentation always helps. It breaks the monotone and brings freshness. One should bring in a little bit of colour".
On day 2, he presented his collection and rendered a metallic touch to the runway. The designs comprised of offbeat Indian ensembles including edgy kurtis, chanderi culottes and saris paired with see-through shirts and zari jackets. The models, marched out to the bass-heavy track, sporting a glossy look and feel and the bold stripes took over.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology