Basilica Of Bom Jesus To Moinuddin Chisti: Explore These Spiritual Getaways In India
Goa to Ajmer, time for a spiritual getaway?
Image: Getty Images
New Delhi: Whether you want to explore your spiritual side or go on a soul discovery trip, you can try going to Ladakh, Goa or Ajmer on a wanderlust.
Amit Agarwal, Senior Marketing Manager - India and Southeast Asia, online accommodation booking website Hotels.com, lists some destinations for spiritual getaways:
* Hemis Monastery, Ladakh: Hemis Monastery is the largest and richest Buddhist monastery in the Ladakh region. It features a famous collection of ancient statues, sacred thangkas, and various other artefacts. During the tourist season, it is often recommended to participate in the Hemis Spiritual Retreat run by the monks.
* Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa: This is one among the most famous churches in India. This church has been declared a world heritage site. Located in the beach city of Goa, the church is over 300 years old.
The church is said to hold the remains of St. Francis Xavier and the body is opened for public display at a particular time of the year. During this period, thousands of believers come to this church, which includes even foreign tourists.
* Moinuddin Chisti, Ajmer: The place occupies a prominent place among the spiritual healers of the world. The dargah is named after a Muslim scholar. The essence of the values fêted in the dargah are truth, right conduct, peace, love and non-violence.
* Rishikesh: Rishikesh is a popular place to meditate and relax. It is the place where one can learn about other aspects of Hinduism. Situated on the banks of the river Ganga, surrounded by hills on three sides and not far from Haridwar in Uttarakhand, Rishikesh lures those seeking knowledge and peace with its numerous ashrams and yoga institutes.
Recommended For You
- Micromax Canvas Infinity Review: Most Affordable Bezel-Less Smartphone
- Tata Nexon Undercuts Maruti Vitara Brezza by Rs 1.5 Lakhs
- Ranbir-Mahira's New Photos Reignite Romance Rumours; Twitter Reacts
- Kuldeep Hat-trick Reminds Harbhajan of his Own Achievement
- Rahul Dev Guides You About Battle Ropes Workout