Diwali 2016: 6 DIY Tips To Help You Light Up Your Home
This image is for representation purpose only.
New Delhi: To give your home decorations a personal touch while putting up lights this Diwali, create your own designs using fairy lights in an innovative way, says an expert.
Here are a few Do-it-yourself (DIY) tips to help you light up your home this Diwali.
* DIY flower lights: Put your fairy lights to some unconventional use this Diwali. Use discarded egg cartons to make some colourful and glittery light strings for your home interiors.
You can also opt for cupcake wrappers, cut them into different floral designs to get yourself gleaming floral garlands.
* Bottled fairy lights: Huddle these tiny fairy lights inside old glass bottles, liquor bottles being the best, to get self-made spectacular glass lamps that can be used to illuminate various spaces inside your homes.
* Light curtains: Lighten up your bedroom, living and drawing room by hanging strings of fairy lights. This time the only difference is, hang them in abundance like a curtain.
* Unconventional wine glass candle: Place a flower or any decorative element like coloured glass, twigs or pebbles, invert a wine glass and place a candle on the top. Station these quirky wine glass candles at various spots to add some unique decor and radiance to your home.
* Floating candles: Decorate a quaint corner of your home with an attractive Diwali special floral bowl.
Place scented candles with colourful flowers in a transparent bowl. The beautiful reflections of the candles will surely beautify the untouched spots of your home.
* Paper Diwali lanterns: Make yourself beautiful paper Diwali lanterns and hang these on the walls, terrace, and verandah.
(With tips from Chirajay Sharma, founder of website befikr.in, which provides home services to households across different service categories)
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Antalya Open: Ramkumar Stuns World Number 8 Thiem to Enter Quarters
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More