Diwali 2016: Ditch The Usual Colours and Opt For Monotones, Pastels To Jazz Up Your Attire
Contrast and layers are the in-thing this season.
This image is for representation purpose only. (Image: Yogen Shah)
New Delhi: Jazz up your wardrobe with different colours like oxblood red, sapphire and mint-green this festive season, says an expert.
Sidhika Gupta, Fashion Head, Roposo - a fashion and lifestyle social network - has a few tips to help you look trendy for Diwali:
* Persian influence: Radiate royalty with colours like emerald, sapphire, oxblood red, and mauve. Rich and glamorous fabrics - velvet or brocade - go best with this colour trend. Dusky or olive skin-tones could carry this trend effortlessly.
* Monotone: Mint-green ethnics like suits, saris have been in vogue this season. For off-beat attires, experiment with colours like lilac or icy-blue, or tangerine, amber, and teal if you feel like wearing an outfit which will make you look good in the little cold weather around you.
*Pale hues: Nude, beige, and toasted almond are the hues which are on everyone's must have list these days as they're subtle yet serene. Pale hues look best with embellishments. Experiment with a diverse range of fabrics from lace to silk and net to velvet. Mirror work could add a traditional charm to the attire you choose.
* Pastel: Dusty pink and serenity are dreamy, neither pale neither flashy. This colour trend is best suited with silver thread embroidery or ivory embellishments.
* Vintage grey: Combine this colour with sun-yellow as the combo will create a striking contrast.
* Multi-colour: Contrast and layers are the in-thing this season. Various pieces of your outfit should be in complementing colours - like if you are opting for a lehenga for a first Diwali celebration after your wedding then you can team up yellow choli, green lehenga and a red dupatta for an energetic contrast look.
Recommended For You
- Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys Fame Accused of Rape; Denies Allegations
- Firangi New Song: Gulbadan Is Perhaps The Most Awkward Mujra Song Ever
- 6 Steps to Help You Do More Effective Parenting
- Sonam Kapoor Makes a Splash at an Event with a Colorful Fashion Ensemble; See Pic
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown