Five Must-read Books to Brush Up On Design
"Hadid" by Philip Jodido, published by Taschen. ©Courtesy of Taschen
The London Design Festival is set to bring the art of design to the heart of the British capital, September 17 to 25. Here's a look at some useful reading material to bring you up to speed with the world of design this fall.
Hadid by Philip Jodido, published by Taschen
After her sudden and unexpected death this year, this book celebrates one of the leading figures of world architecture. Known for her large, bold structures with audacious curves, Zaha Hadid was the first female recipient of the Pritzker Architecture Prize. This Taschen monograph looks back over the renowned architect's extraordinary career.
Arita / Table of Contents: Studies in Japanese Porcelain by Anniina Koivu, published by Phaidon
The art of Japanese porcelain manufacturing began in Arita, some 400 years ago. This book, published by Phaidon, celebrates traditional Japanese ceramic culture through the ages.
Volez Voguez Voyagez (Louis Vuitton) published by Assouline
Based on the recent Louis Vuitton exhibition at the Grand Palais in Paris, this book from Assouline is ideal for anyone who couldn't catch the show. It's also a great way to discover the world of the famous French luggage maker, intent on making traveling effortless and fashionable.
Empire Style: The Hôtel de Beauharnais in Paris by Jörg Ebeling and Ulrich Leben, published by Flammarion
In 1803, Joséphine Bonaparte -- wife of the future Emperor of France -- acquired the Hôtel de Beauharnais in Paris, which she renovated for her son, Eugène de Beauharnais. Becoming an embassy during the 19th century, the Hôtel is a visible incarnation of Consulate and Empire décor styles. This first monograph dedicated to the building is due for release in November.
Cartier Dazzling: High Jewelry and Precious Objects by François Chaille, published by Flammarion
Although mere mortals can only dream of donning Cartier's legendary jewelry creations, this book showcases a selection of the luxury label's dazzling delights. The tome is written by the same French fashion writer behind The Book of Ties.
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18