Flaunt Your Baby Bump In Style This Wedding Season
A File photo of a pregnant woman (only for representational purpose ).
New Delhi: While celebrities are flaunting their baby bumps with panache, you can be at your fashionable best during your pregnancy too. Opt for semi-fitted styles which flare up waist downwards and use scarves to style up, suggests an expert.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your wardrobe and style sorted when you're expecting your little one:
* Go flowy: Maxi dresses, anarkalis and empire-cut gowns are a pregnancy-must. They are the perfect marriage of comfort and style. It hugs your body and flows gently out, concealing all bottom heaviness.
Accessorise the look with a bright bag and wear comfortable wedge heels. Go the colour-block way as that has enough of a platform to be comfortable and is trending right now. If you want to avoid heels for the everlasting pregnancy back pain, go for printed or embroidered juttis.
We advise not to skimp on the accessories when dressing your bump. Use accessories to create a focal point and bring the attention up to your face with the long danglers and jhumkas or a statement necklace.
* Elongate your frame: When you are pregnant, you never want to wear a choker. It makes you look shorter. Longer necklaces draw the eyes down, while dangling earrings bring the focus to a woman's neck and shoulder.
Scarves and dupattas can also help pregnant ladies create a laid-back luxe look. The point of this look is putting all of her accessories in a way to make her look longer and leaner.
* Don't go big: Your first instinct may be to buy some long, loose tops that are one or two sizes bigger than your regular size. Buy something big enough to cover your belly. By wearing ultra loose clothes, you're not fooling anyone.
Opt for semi-fitted styles which flare up waist downwards for maximum effect.
* Heels not to your rescue: Avoid stilettos as far as possible as those precious high heels cannot give your back the support it needs during your pregnancy. Opt for comfortable, dressy flats that will take you from day to night.
T-strap sandals, classy ballerinas, juttis or colourful kolhapuris can be your soulmate for those nine months. Size up a half size to accommodate your growing feet. After the baby comes, stash them away for next time or thank them very much and pay it forward to the next lucky lady.
* Fabric: When buying maternity wedding wear that you hope will last through several pregnancy stages, choose high-quality, well-made items. Ideal maternity clothes will be made with strong, semi-stretchy material that will grow with you, so they will stay snug, flattering and supportive as your body changes.
Breathability, softness, durability and stretch are the things to look for in high-quality, comfortable maternity clothes.
Natural blended fabrics such as cotton-silk, breathable crepe and flowy chiffons will be soft and easy going, helping you with pregnancy hot flashes and itchiness that are common.
Blends made from natural materials with Spandex or lycra deliver the stretchiness, support and shape retention you need to accommodate your body as it changes.
* Wear bright colours: Colour is a very important thing. Wear brighter hues and softer pastels to emphasize that ever-so-youthful pregnancy glow.
(With tips from Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist at fashion brand Vilara)
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology