Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
This image is for representation purpose only.
New Delhi: Food is an important element of all parties, so getting smart preparations right for Diwali festivities should be a priority, says an expert who feels assorted canapes and mini pizzas are interesting things to serve.
Gaurav Chadha, in-house chef, Dr. Oetker India, has shared tips:
* Rice and mayo dynamite: Mix pre-cooked rice with potato, garlic, red chilli powder, salt and oregano and make into small round balls. Add 1 tsp vegetarian mayonnaise in the middle, along with few jalapenos and seal it. Coat the balls in the mixture of mayonnaise, refined flour and water and then roll in vermicelli. Deep fry the balls till cooked. Your crispy rice and mayo dynamite is ready to be enjoyed.
* Nacho and corn chaat: For a unique twist to regular chaat, mix onion, green chillies, tomato, coriander, vegetarian mayonnaise, ketchup, chaat masala, red chilli powder and black salt in a bowl and mix well. Add nachos and sweet corn to above mix, toss gently, garnish with sev and serve.
* Assorted canapes: Make assorted canapes in minutes with vegetarian mayonnaise, tandoori mayonnaise and olive oil mayonnaise using everyday items like corn, paneer or potato. Base can be made using biscuits or toasted bread slices.
* Mini pizza: Make tasty mini pizzas just the way they make in pizzerias in Italy, but with an Indian twist. Choose pizza topping to add tangy and creamy flavour and top it up with basic ingredients like onion, capsicum, paneer or soya chunks.
* Festive dips: Keep your guests coming back for more with appetizing party dips. Just add grated pineapple to burger mayonnaise and spice it up with a red pepper sauce and a pineapple chilli dip is ready. If you want to make a refreshing veggie dip, just add grated cucumber, carrot and mint leaves to diet mayonnaise to get a flavoursome yet healthy dip which can be easily paired up with a range of finger foods.
Recommended For You
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year