In Bollywood You Are Judged On Your Looks: Swara Bhaskar
A file photo of Swara Bhaskar.
Mumbai: Actress Swara Bhaskar says film industry has taught her that people are judged on their looks. The 28-year-old Nil Battey Sannata actress said looks hold an important place in the film industry and she has learnt to "play the game".
"(In Bollywood) you are judged on your looks. There's no avoiding it so might as well play the game. Taught me the meaning of and how to follow the adage 'when in Rome do as the Romans do'," Swara said during a Q & A session with fans on Twitter.
The actress, who juggles between theatre and films, said there should be no competition between the two as one is an actor's mediuma and the other is director's field. "I don't think we should view the two media in competition. Yes the glamour and money and reach of Bollywood outshines theatre but the fact is theatre is really the actors medium and will always remain. Cinema is directors medium," she said.
Swara also said she would love to work on a film related to homosexuality. "Yes why not! I would take up any role as long as script offers potential to perform on gay rights I think in India. I think #Article377 is regressive and shameful n pre modern! should go!," she added.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- SPIN TO WINIndia vs England: Wankhede Track Will Be Slow Turner, Says MCA Source
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet