In Bollywood You Are Judged On Your Looks: Swara Bhaskar
Actress Swara Bhaskar says film industry has taught her that people are judged on their looks.
A file photo of Swara Bhaskar.
Mumbai: Actress Swara Bhaskar says film industry has taught her that people are judged on their looks. The 28-year-old Nil Battey Sannata actress said looks hold an important place in the film industry and she has learnt to "play the game".
"(In Bollywood) you are judged on your looks. There's no avoiding it so might as well play the game. Taught me the meaning of and how to follow the adage 'when in Rome do as the Romans do'," Swara said during a Q & A session with fans on Twitter.
The actress, who juggles between theatre and films, said there should be no competition between the two as one is an actor's mediuma and the other is director's field. "I don't think we should view the two media in competition. Yes the glamour and money and reach of Bollywood outshines theatre but the fact is theatre is really the actors medium and will always remain. Cinema is directors medium," she said.
Swara also said she would love to work on a film related to homosexuality. "Yes why not! I would take up any role as long as script offers potential to perform on gay rights I think in India. I think #Article377 is regressive and shameful n pre modern! should go!," she added.
Recommended For You
- Never Mind His Political Agenda, Here Is Rajinikanth's Next Film
- Welcome To New York Review: Save Your Precious 2 Hours By Avoiding This Painfully Unfunny Film
- Dhoni Abusing Manish Pandey During T20 Match is Now an Internet Meme
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Tips n Tricks: How to Get The Best Out of Your New Android Smartphones
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Ups the Glamour Quotient with an Interesting Take on Fashion; See Pics