India Runway Week Opens With Ode to Indian Textiles
New Delhi: Indian textiles and heritage are taking forefront at major fashion weeks in the country. Keeping in sync with the trend, the India Runway Week opened in the capital on Friday with a show dedicated to Khadi and other handlooms.
The first day of season seven of the fashion gala that is taking place at Thyagaraj Sports Complex here started with a showcase by Bangladesh-based designer Bibi Russell followed by a show by Daniel Syiem from Meghalaya.
Russell, after giving a makeover to Rajasthan government textile division under the name of Rajasthali by Bibi Rusell, showcased her first collection under this label.
One witnessed a lot of mix and match in silhouettes with colours moving from subtle to bright shades.
Syiem, on the other hand, showcased designs that reflected his love for ethnic outfits with a lot of drama in terms of cuts.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been spreading the message of 'Khadi for Nation, Khadi for Fashion', and designers are putting in their best effort to endorse this age-old fabric.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Arms Act Case: If Convicted, Business Will Get Affected
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Bangladesh Hit New Low in Test Cricket - We Tell You How
- Hero Achiever 150 Review: Smart Features And Easy Riding
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know