Is the Victoria's Secret Show Sashaying to Paris?
Model Joan Smalls in the 2015 show ©AFP PHOTO/JEWEL SAMAD
US lingerie brand Victoria's Secret could be heading to Paris for its annual catwalk extravaganza.
The label and its army of 'Angels' is rumored to be heading to the French capital for the 2016 edition of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, WWD reports.
The show, which has become a regular pre-holiday TV fixture, regularly takes place at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York, but does occasionally change locations, with London, Miami and Los Angeles all having hosted the event.
In fact, a Paris show wouldn't be the brand's first time in France -- its 2000 show was held in the city of Cannes on the Cote d'Azur. It is usually recorded in November and broadcast in December.
Victoria's Secret has become a global household name partly thanks to the success of its fashion shows, which each year include a group of supermodel-status 'Angels' alongside its bevvy of catwalk stars. The role has catapulted models such as Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Miranda Kerr and more to international fame, as well as seeing established models including Gisele Bundchen, Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum take on the title.
In recent years the show has also hosted high-profile musicians such as Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and the Spice Girls. The 2015 show saw Ellie Goulding, Selena Gomez and The Weeknd grace the stage and saw over 9 million viewers tune in to watch the event on CBS.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- Puskas Award 2016Malaysia Player Beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA Shortlist
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet