Italian Stylist Laura Biagiotti Critical After Heart Attack
Biagiotti is in intensive care in the Sant'Andrea hospital.
Italian fashion designer Laura Biagiotti is in a critical condition with serious brain damage after she suffered a heart attack, officials said.
Biagiotti is in intensive care in the Sant'Andrea hospital and tests are being performed to verify possible brain death, a Rome hospital said on Thursday.
Seventy-three-year-old Biagiotti went into cardiac arrest at her home on Wednesday evening, according to Sant'Andrea hospitals.
Known as the "Queen of Cashmere" for her luxurious knitwear, Biagiotti was one of the first Italian female stylists to become a global brand.
Born in Rome in 1943, Biagiotti wanted to become an archaeologist but ditched her plans to help run her mother's dressmaking business and first presented her own fashion collection in Florence in 1972.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Ban to Stay, Government to Take Next Step After Studying SC Order: MP Home Minister
- After Rio Setback, Vinesh Phogat Eyes Redemption at Tokyo
- The Hidden Meanings Behind the Most Recognizable Fashion Brand Logos
- Kriti Sanon Turns Up the Heat With Topless Shoot For Dabboo Ratnani Calendar
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More