Kalki Koechlin to Perform Monologue on Womanhood in Delhi
Image: Twitter/ Kalki Koechlin
New Delhi: Actress Kalki Koechlin, known for her bold stances on feminism and commitment towards womens rights and gender equality, will be presenting a theatrical monologue titled "wo-manologue" at an event here on September 12.
The function is being organised by Young FICCI Ladies Organisation (YFLO) at Federation House here.
"Kalki is known as much for being a feminist as a versatile actor... she is known as an theatrical monologue artist.
"During her ‘Womanologue' at the YFLO function she will be talking about feminism, gender war, society, men, girl child and women's empowerment and day-to-day problems faced by women," Trupti Gupta, Chairperson of YFLO, said in a statement.
Gupta feels that the Dev. D star is committed to supporting women's rights and is vocal about gender discrimination.
"She has spoken out against child sexual abuse and has lent her support to various social campaigns working in the field of women's rights and the girl child. In this regard, she has written and performed an intense piece about the truths of womanhood -- an ode to women bound by patriarchy.
"Her spoken word piece 'The Printing Machine circa 2015' is about the numbing nature in which news of violence against women is both generated and consumed and the video became hugely popular on the internet," Gupta added.
Kalki will soon be seen on the small screen via FOX Life's upcoming show "Kalki's Great Escape".
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know