Store Every Garment Like It's Couture
Tired of having to throw away your favorite clothes every few years?
Representative Image: Shutterstock
Treat your garments like it's couture. Dry clean your woollens and silks, wash your whites separately, say experts.
Designer Divyam Mehta and designer Gaurang Shah have rolled out some points that could be incorporated in saving your clothings in easy way:
* Invest in a walk-in wardrobe. Have sections like -- daily wear, sportswear, evening wear and nightwear.
* For longevity and maintenance of clothing one must follow the wash care instruction. Woollens and silks should only be dry cleaned and ironed at appropriate temperature.
* A good ironing can change the look of the garments.
* Cotton and linen should best be hand washed and dried in shade. Knitwear should be dried flat, hanging can distort the necklines and shape of the garments.
* Whites should always be washed separately.
* Invest in good quality classic clothing, and not fast fashion.
* Store each garment in a white mul cotton cover. May it be a sari, a lehenga, dupatta or an embellished blouse.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- 2018 Audi A7 Sportback Unveiled
- Virat Kohli Surpasses Ponting; Only Behind Tendulkar in ODI Ton List
- Rani Mukerji's Father and Filmmaker Ram Mukerji Dies at 84
- With No Money, No House, No Future, Parents Dead, I Did What I Felt Like Doing: Shah Rukh Khan