Top Knots To French Braids: Play Up With Your Hair This Festive Season
Here are a few hairstyles you can glam up your look with.
Image Courtesy: REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
New Delhi: Go for two top knots or a French braid instead of tying your hair in a boring bun for a fun party, say experts.
TIGI educator Anushka Moniz along with the participants of Hair Heroes 2016 contest have shared ideas for a chic look:
- Begin with using a dry shampoo on your lengths and ends to help create texture.
- Take a centre parting and braid your hair on both sides using the French braid technique.
- Continue braiding till you reach the nape area and secure it with rubber bands.
- Open up the braids a little bit and spray finishing spray for hold.
Centre-parted wavy hair:
- Spray a prepping product on the roots, lengths and ends to give thickness and volume.
- Blast dry the hair so that the product is worked into the hair.
- Use a tong and curl the ends using big vertical sections.
- Open up the curls and use a hairspray for hold and shine.
Low side bun:
- Use volumising spray on the lengths and ends for body and texture.
- Work the product into the hair with a brush and dryer.
- Take a side parting and tie your hair into a low ponytail at the nape area and secure it with a rubber band.
- Use a curling tong and tong the hair that is in the ponytail to create some movement.
- Twist the hair into a low bun and pin it up with bobby pins.
- Pull out a few strands and finish by applying a hairspray for added shine.
Two top knots:
- Apply a smoothing cream on your lengths and ends for a soft and smooth texture.
- Take a centre parting and divide the hair into two equal parts.
- Tie two high ponytails of both sides of the parting and secure them with rubber bands.
- Twist the hair in the ponytail and wrap it around to look like a top knot. Secure it with pins.
- Repeat the same on both sides.
- To achieve the messy ponytail, apply a texturising spray to the lengths and end.
- Tie a high pony and secure it with a rubber band.
-Put some loose pieces for a messy effect and finish by spraying a shine hairspray.
Recommended For You
- Gautam Gambhir Backed me When I Was Nobody: Kuldeep Yadav
- MS Dhoni Must Credit Kohli For Resurgence, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Is Your iPhone And iPad iOS 11 Compatible? See the List
- Elli Avrram Tells You About Exercises to Improve Flexibility
- A New Mother’s Guide: What To Do Once You Are Back Home With Your Baby