Twinkle Khanna Reveals Her Healthy Alternatives
She also revealed that she finds gym 'incredibly boring'.
Image Courtesy: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actress-turned-author and interior designer Twinkle Khanna on Tuesday stressed the importance of healthy eating habits, citing her own lifestyle as an example.
"I think when you wear so many hats, be it of a mom or a working woman, you need to feel good and look good as well. Being healthy is the most important thing. My son is a little crazy about healthy food. He is at an age where he wants to eat healthy. I love to eat makhanas and I always keep a packet in my car," she said at the launch of food products of leading retailer Godrej Nature's Basket, on Tuesday.
"Sometimes it is okay to have some chocolates and ice-creams. We all have those days sitting in front of the TV and have those. But you have to have the balance," she added.
Sharing her healthy lifestyle, she said she loves to do yoga and meditation. "I am not a gym person, so I do walk a lot. I find gym is incredibly boring. Other thing I do is to devour books because I feel we need to feed our mind as well. In addition, my mother always tells me, treat your burden lightly. That is pretty much healthier to learn to let go."
About husband Akshay Kumar, who is known for his disciplined lifestyle and for being an early riser, Twinkle said it is extremely important to get a good sleep for a better lifestyle.
"Our old scripture says to wake up early before sun rises up. We should follow the nature's rhythm. However, we don't follow that right now due to our lifestyle. But it definitely helps to sleep early and wake up early," she said.
Recommended For You
- Is Ranveer Singh The Best Kisser? Here’s What Deepika Padukone Has To Say
- Australian Open: Injured Nadal Limps Out as Cilic Seals Semi-final Spot
- Watch: An Emotional Alia Bhatt Holds Back her Tears at Best Friend Kripa Mehta's Wedding
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant