Why You Should Turn To Tea Tree Oil For Glowing Skin
Not to be confused with the unrelated common tea plant that is used to make black and green teas, tea tree oil - also known as melaleuca oil - is applied to the skin (used topically) for infections such as acne.
This image is for representation only.
New Delhi: Adding tea tree oil in your daily regime will not only pave way for a healthier and glowing skin, but it can also help you alleviate issues like insect bites and hair problems, says an expert.
Not to be confused with the unrelated common tea plant that is used to make black and green teas, tea tree oil - also known as melaleuca oil - is applied to the skin (used topically) for infections such as acne, fungal infections of the nail (onychomycosis), lice, scabies, athlete's foot (tinea pedis), and ringworm.
Shikhee Agrawal, Head Training, The Body Shop, lists benefits of tea tree oil:
* Works as a skin saver: Tea tree oil works as an anti-imperfection solution to achieving a clearer and healthy looking skin. It helps in opening the pores, loosening up blocked oil and dirt that cause whiteheads, blackheads, painful red breakouts and blemishes. Mix two to three drops with a smidge of coconut oil and use a cotton swab to apply. Avoid using your fingertips as it introduces more dirt and revigorates break outs.
* Helps in mosturising dry skin: Tea tree oil, mixed with glycerine, is great for moisturising dry and cracked skin. Mix one or two drops of tea tree oil with one tablespoon of almond oil or coconut oil. Massage gently into the affected areas, especially on your knees, elbows and heels for lasting relief from dry skin.
* Tea tree oil for hair growth and nourishment: Mixing a few drops of tea tree oil into your hair oil and massaging it into your scalp will unclog your hair follicles. This nourishes your roots and strengthens your locks, inducing hair growth. Don't apply directly on your scalp as it can be harsh on the skin. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with shampoo to get rid of dandruff.
* Tea tree oil helps in fight with fungus: Nail fungus is an unpleasant condition that can cause both physical and psychological discomfort. You can use tea tree oil mixed simply with water, or with coconut oil. Be sure to wash your hands between applications to avoid spreading the fungus.
* Works as a soothing agent for insect bites: Tea tree oil mixed with coconut oil applied on the rash can soothe itching caused from mosquito bites.
* Helps in healing burns : A mixture of honey with a little tea tree oil does wonders for soothing the pain and aids the healing process and reduces scarring.
Recommended For You
- No Guarantees on Selection Because of Our Bench Strength, Warns Kohli
- 29 Years On, Gulzar's Libaas To Finally Hit Theatres This Year
- Simran: Kangana Ranaut's New Song Pinjra Tod Ke Will Uplift Your Spirit
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations
- Pro Kabaddi 2017: Haryana Steelers Edge UP Yoddha 36-29 With Final Flourish