31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
A screen grab from the trailer of 31 October.
After a long wait, Soha Ali Khan-Vir Das’ 31st October finally opens in theatres across India. For the uninitiated, the Censor Board gave the clearance for release of the politically controversial film 31st October to Delhi High Court after a few objectionable scenes were deleted. With the 1984 anti-sikh riots working as the film’s backdrop, 31st October revolves around the lives of Soha and Vir Das and how their lives change after riots erupt following the assassination of Indira Gandhi.
The film, which has already witnessed its share of controversies, features Vir Das, popular for his comedy roles, playing the lead character Davinder Singh. Written and produced by Harry Sachdeva and directed by Shivaji Lotan Patil, the film is based on a true story.
Will the film leave an indelible impact on the viewers? Will actor Soha Ali Khan and Vir Das give a performance which will be remembered for years. Divya Pal of News18 Movies is watching the movie right now to get you all the answers.
Recommended For You
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It