A huge achievement: ‘Baahubali’ producer Shobu Yarlagadda on bagging National Award
‘Baahubali’ producer Shobu Yarlagadda said it is a huge achievement that the movie is the first Telugu film to bag the Best Feature Film at the 63rd National Film Awards.
Chennai: ‘Baahubali’ producer Shobu Yarlagadda said it is a huge achievement that the movie is the first Telugu film to bag the Best Feature Film at the 63rd National Film Awards.
‘Winning the 63rd National Award for Best Film is a huge achievement. Being the first Telugu Film to do so makes it all the more special (sic),’ Yarlagadda posted on his Twitter page on Monday.
Directed by S.S. Rajamouli, the film is about the battle for a kingdom between two warring brothers.
The film also won the National Award for best visual effects (VFX), and a happy Yarlagadda congratulated the film's VFX supervisor Srinivas Mohan for the accolade.
Starring Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Tamannaah Bhatia and Anushka Shetty, ‘Baahubali’ raked in over Rs.600 crore via its release in theatres.
Rajamouli is currently filming the second instalment in the ‘Baahubali’ franchise.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Mithali Raj Shuts Up Reporter Who Asked Sexist Question
- Kumble to BCCI: Coach Should Earn 60 Percent of What Captain Gets
- Honda CLIQ Review: The Grown-up Navi That's Not Just Another Activa
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian