Aamir Khan Plans To Apply For Tax Exemption For Dangal
Image: Youtube/ A still from the song 'Dhaakad'.
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan says the makers of the forthcoming film Dangal will apply for tax exemption.
In the biopic, Aamir will play Mahavir Singh Phogat, father of wrestler Geeta Phogat, who won India's first ever gold medal in wrestling at the Commonwealth Games in 2010.
"I think Dangal falls in the line of tax exemption. We will be applying for tax exemption, but I am not someone to decide on that. It will be the decision of each state government. We will try to make it happen before the release, but it is a process. It may or may not happen," Aamir said here.
Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the sports drama is set to release on December 23.
Asked if demonetisation will affect the box office collection of the film, Aamir said: "I hope not."
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Vintage Federer Floors Berdych in 90 Minutes
- Explore Delhi In A Day With Just Rs 500 In Your Pocket
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Saina Nehwal Storms Into Malaysia Masters Semifinals