DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Abhishek Bachchan's Role in Arrest Not Based on Real Life Cop: Ram Gopal Varma
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma says Abhishek Bachchan's character in his upcoming directorial venture Arrest is not based on any real life cop.
There were reports that the actor's role in the film is modelled on former encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma.
"Abhishek plays a cop in the film. The film is not based on anyone's life, it is a completely fictional story. It is something related to the cops," Varma said.
"It partly has a connection to underworld but the story is set in today's times, it is set in modern times, the issues are different today," he says.
The filmmaker also quashed rumours of Huma Qureshi being part of the film.
"She is not a part of the film. It is more of a guy's film. There will be a leading lady but she doesn't have a prominent part," he says.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment