Adoor Gopalakrishan to direct new movie after eight years
Kochi: National award-winning filmmaker Adoor Gopalakrishnan is directing a new movie after a gap of eight years.
The director, who played a key role in revolutionising Malayalam cinema, today said that the lead roles in his new movie titled "Pinneyum", which is an intense love story, will be done by popular actors Dileep and Kavya Madhavan.
Noted Marathi actor Subodh Bhave will play a main role in the movie scripted by the 74-year-old filmmaker.
Announcing his new project at a press conference here Gopalakrishnan said the shooting of the film will begin on May 11 in Thiruvananthapuram.
Major portions of the movie will be shot at the picturesque area of Sasthamkotta in Kollam district, said the filmmaker, who pioneered the new wave cinema movement in Kerala with his first film "Swayamvaram" in 1972.
Gopalakrishnan, who last made "Oru Pennum Randaanum" in 2008 and won the Kerala state award for best director, said: "Since I am making a movie after a long gap, I have forgotten the process of filmmaking. For me it is like my debut movie." Both Dileep and Kavya said it was because of their extreme luck they could become part of a movie directed by Gopalakrishnan.
"I have no words... My long cherished dream is going to be fulfilled...," Dileep said. He said he has approached the filmmaker seeking a chance in his movie even after becoming a busy actor "but luckily
this time I got it".
Kavya said acting in his movie "is a different experience." Noted Malayalam actors Nedumudi Venu, Vijayaraghavan, Indrans, KPAC Lalitha, Nandu, Srinda, Ravi Vallathol, Prof Aliyar, P Sreekumar, John Samuel, Sudheer Karamana and M K Gopalakrishnan are other major actors in the movie. Cinematography is by M J Radhakrishnan.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special