Akshay Kumar Urges People to Think About The Army, Not The Ban on Artistes
A file photo of Akshay Kumar.
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar on Thursday broke his silence on the ban on Pakistani artistes and said think about Indian Army and not the ban on artistes.
Akshay posted a video on Facebook in which he revealed his point of view on the debate.
Kumar posted: "Today I am not talking as a star or a celebrity, I am taking as a son of an army man. For the past few days, people have been debating and arguing and asking for proof about surgical strikes, few are demanding ban on artistes, while a few fear that there might be a war."
"Arey sharam karo (have shame)...these debates can happen later, first realise that people have already lost their lives at the border. 19 jawans died during the attack and a 24-year-old jawan Nitin Yadav died in Baramulla. Are their families, or the families of our thousands of jawans, worried whether a film will release or not? Whether an artiste will be banned? No. They are worried about their future," he said.
The actor went on to say we are because of them and India exists because of them.
"And our concern should be to ensure that their present and future is better. I am, because they are, you are, because they are and if they are not there, then India won't exist. Jai Hind."
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling