Akshay Kumar's Toilet- Ek Prem Katha Faces Protest From Locals in Mathura
Image: Instagram/Akshay Kumar
Akshay Kumar’s upcoming film Toilet-Ek Prem Kath’ is facing troubles just as the film has gone on floor. According to residents and certain religious leaders of Mathura, the film’s story insults an age-old tradition by depicting it wrongly.
A Mahapanchayat was held in Barsana village in Mathura recently demanding the makers to stop filming the film altogether.
A scene in the film apparently shows marriage between a boy and a girl from the twin villages of Nandgaon and Barsana.
According to the leader of Brajacharya Peetha Oonchagao(Barsana) “Marriages between the residents of the two villages are not solemnised since the age of Dwapar. The scene would be an attack on the tradition.”
Pradhans of 22 villages have together passed a resolution demanding a removal of the marriage scene from the film.
One religious leader from Vrindavan has even stated that he would reward Rs 1 crore to anybody who chops of the tongue of the director and brings in to him.
The locals also have a problem with the title of the film, claiming that it demeans the pious image of the twin cities of Mathura and Vrindavan- where the story is based.
A local leader, Mahamandleshwar Nawal Giri Maharaj has even suggested that the film’s name to be changed to Toilet – A Swachhta Abhiyan to give a message to society.
The film also features Bhumi Pednekar.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action