Alia Bhatt, Vicky Kaushal Begin Workshop For Meghna Gulzar's Next
The team has joined the workshops for a couple of weeks before they begin shooting at the end of this month.
Image: Yogen Shah
After the critically acclaimed Talvar, Meghna Gulzar is flagging off the screen adaptation of Harinder Sikka’s book, Calling Sehmat, which has Alia Bhatt and Vicky Kaushal in the lead roles. Alia is known for experimenting with her choices, be it Highway, Udta Punjab or Dear Zindagi and we have seen Vicky portraying a variety of roles from playing a boy next door in Masaan to a bad cop in Raman Raghav.
The director has conducted a workshop for the actors to get in the skin of their character. Alia and Vicky would be given hands-on training on the film and on the kind of performance the director expects from them. It is a story of a Kashmiri woman, who is married to a Pakistani Army Officer who provides information to Indian intelligence. and so Alia and Vicky are training on the dialect and accent as well as the general features of the character. The film is set against the backdrop of the 1971 war and is a real war-drama.
The team has joined the workshops for a couple of weeks before they begin shooting at the end of this month. It will be interesting to see this unique pairing of experimental actors together in this movie.
Recommended For You
- The Ashes 2017: Cricket Australia Sets the Tone With Intense Promotional Video
- These 62 Phones Are Expected to Get Google Android 8.0 Oreo Update Soon
- All-New Hyundai Verna 2017 – Top 5 Things to Know – Price, Variants & More
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz Music Review: A More Laidback Soundtrack Than Expected
- I Don't Wish to Die and Abandon my Mother