DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Allu Aravind is Proud of Son Allu Arjun
A file photo of Allu Arjun.
Chennai: Producer Allu Aravind is proud of his son Allu Arjun, whose latest Telugu outing 'Sarrainodu' has emerged as the highest grossing film in the actor's career and among the biggest hits in Telugu filmdom.
"'Ghajini' was Aamir's biggest hit back then. 'Magadheera' is Ram Charan's highest grossing film. Now, I am happy that 'Sarrainodu' also made on our Geetha Arts banner is Allu Arjun's highest grossing film and among the biggest hits of Telugu cinema," Aravind told IANS.
This year so far has been phenomenal for Arjun, who bagged four awards for his powerful role in Telugu historic drama "Rudhramadevi".
"I played a supporting role in a heroine-centric movie out of respect for cinema and respect for women. I feel more such movies need to be made. I am happy that the decision paid back multi fold with the audience and critics loving my role as Gona Ganna Reddy in the movie," Arjun said.
His awards for his performance in "Rudhramadevi" include IIFA - Best Supporting Actor, CineMaa Critics Award, Filmfare Critics Award and SIIMA Best Supporting Actor.
Meanwhile, Arjun will team up for director Harish Shankar for a yet-untitled Telugu project next.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You