Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
The first two installments - 'Sarkar' and 'Sarkar Raj' - were set in the world of Marathi politics and were written and directed by Varma himself.
A file photo of Amit Sadh.
Mumbai: Actor Amit Sadh, who has previously appeared in films like Kai Po Che!, Guddu Rangeela and Sultan, on Tuesday started shooting for veteran filmmaker Ram Gopal Varmas upcoming film Sarkar 3.
"I enter a new world today, a new institution altogether. Earlier it was a dream and now it's reality which really excites me and also sends shivers down my spine to even stand in front of Amitabh Bachchan in a movie, a cult that is our very own godfather," Amit said in a statement.
"I feel extremely privileged and also very excited to be directed by Ramu (Varma) sir. Not exaggerating, but I am enjoying every second of interaction with this genius and a man who doesn't want to talk anything other than films.
"I am so happy to join a cast, whose credentials are beyond boastful," he added.
Sarkar 3 features Amitabh reprising his role as Subhash Nagre. The film also stars Rohini Hattangadi, Jackie Shroff, Manoj Bajpayee, Ronit Roy, Bharat Dhabolkar and Yami Gautam.
The first two installments - Sarkar and Sarkar Raj - were set in the world of Marathi politics and were written and directed by Varma himself.
Recommended For You
- Padmavati Row: Aditi Rao Hydari Speaks Out Against 'Supari' on Deepika, Bhansali
- Bigg Boss 11: Evicted contestant Benafsha Soonawalla Says, ‘I Played in the House With As Much Dignity As I Could’
- Rahul's Hoodoo Continues; Misses Ton Again After Scoring 50
- Ed Sheeran in Mumbai, Overwhelmed by Response of His Indian 'Sheerios'
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown